Finasteride is a drug used to effectively shrink the enlarged prostate in grown men and also in the treatment of hair loss. One may take this drug only or combine it with other medicines to bring down the signs of BPH (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia) in order to avoid the option of undergoing surgery. The benefits of using Finasteride include:
- The swelling of the prostate begins to shrink.
- Reduced urge of urinating
- The urine flows in a better way without much straining
- The feeling that the bladder is incompletely emptied is reduced.
- Reduced number of times for urinating at night
Finasteride is a generic version of the brand Propecia which is the original drug used in the treatment of enlarged prostate as well as preventing baldness in men. Propecia pills sell for as high as $306 for 98 pills while the generic pill Finasteride goes for $40 for 100 pills.
The other notable difference between the tow is that Propecia tablets have a strength of 1mg while Finasteride has 5mg. This means that you can cut a single tablet of Finasteride into four parts and use it for four days which is such a great saving. Finasteride is manufactured by different companies and therefore have different brand names like Finax, Apo-Finasteride and many more. Below is a table showing the price of Finasteride.
Do You Need a Prescription for Finasteride?
Finasteride is a prescription only medicine and any genuine pharmacy must ask for your prescription before selling the drugs to you. The doctor will be able to examine you and tell if you are fit enough to take the drugs. Some of the considerations are:
- If you are allergic to Finasteride and other selected medicines as well. Disclose too if you are allergic to any other thing including food and preservatives.
- Notify the doctor if you live in a place where younger children reside as their safety is not established.
- Pregnant women should not use Finasteride at any stage as it causes fetal abnormalities.
- If you suffer from liver disease as this may slow down the rate of the drug’s removal from the system leading to prolonged side effects.
Another reason why it is important to get a prescription is to know the right dose for you. This depends on:
- The medicine’s strength.
- Recommended doses per day.
- The difference in time between doses.
- The medical condition for which the drug is being administered.
Finasteride consumption has various side effects which are also reasons you should get authorization to take the medication. Some of these are:
- Feeling dizzy, weak or lightheaded when you try to get up after lying down or sitting.
- Feeling confused.
- Cold sweats.
- Breast may become larger and tender.
- Gaining weight fast.
- Rashes on the skin.
- The face and lips may swell.
- Itching in the skin.
- Reddened skin.
- Shaking of feet and hands.
- Inability to engage in sexual intercourse. One may be unable to hold an erection, lack the urge and the drive to engage in sex or perform very poorly.
If any of the above conditions get worse, seek medical attention.
Generic Propecia Online
Generic Propecia, or simply put Finasteride can be accessed from online stores and one can easily order and get delivery wherever he is. This will save a lot of time that one would have spent making queues in local pharmacies in search of the drug. Advantages of buying from an online store include:
- The price is lower than in the local pharmacies.
- It saves time as you will not have to move from one place to the other in search of the drug.
- The payment is convenient as you do it online.
- You are able to safeguard your privacy as people will not have to know what you are buying.
- Online stores offer discounts in order to attract more clients and one may take this advantage and save up on the money you would have spent.
Caution must be taken to make sure that you have had a thorough examination by a medical doctor to confirm that you are fit to take the drugs. An online store may only be after sales and may not even ask for a prescription. This may be convenient for you but it will be putting your life at risk. There is also the risk of buying substandard medication from some of the online pharmacies. You would rather buy at a higher price and get quality drugs than buying fake drugs at a pocket-friendly price.
Is There an Over the Counter Propecia?
All Propecia medication is for prescription only and is not recommended to be sold over the counter. However, you can get Propecia with ease from some online pharmacies. But have you asked yourself the risks involved when doing this? You are not even sure that you are fit to take the drug, you do not know the right dose, and you do not even know how long you will continue using the drug. It is important to follow the right procedure by first getting a prescription through a physical examination, and then get your first dose locally, from there; you can continue shopping for Propecia from online stores using the prescription given.
Finasteride is a great relief to men suffering from an enlarged prostate as well as those who wish to prevent hair loss. It is, however, good to take precautionary measures to ensure that you get adequate advice and assessment from a qualified doctor to determine if your physical condition can withstand the use or Finasteride and also be advised on the right dose to use. Do not be lured by those online sellers and take medication without examination in the name of saving. There are other remedies that do not have as many adverse effects as Finasteride has and one should begin with those before thinking of Finasteride. This is because Finasteride does not provide a cure for enlarged prostate or even baldness. The moment you will stop using it, the signs will come back just as they were. To avoid buying counterfeit, remember to check out our list of Top Online Pharmacies for all your medical needs.